To transfer your domain name to DoHost, there are specific steps you will need to take to prepare your domain. Below you can find the instructions on how to do do it.
1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, sign in to your current Registrar and check the following:
- The initial registration of the domain name was at least 60 days ago.
- The domain has been with your current Registrar for at least 60 days.
- The domain name is not on hold with your current Registrar.
2. Prepare your domain for transfer
- Sign in to your current Registrar and unlock your domain (remove the Registrar lock you may have set for added security).
- Obtain the Auth/EPP code from the current Registrar.
3. Submit your transfer
If your domain name passes all of the checks, then you will have to input the EPP code and check if you have access to your account administrative email address. You will also be prompted to review and update the domain name owner details if necessary. Once the domain name transfer is completed, these details will be automatically applied to your domain name.
Depending on the TLD of the domain name and its current registrar, the domain name transfer service could take up to 7 days to complete properly. Once the operation is complete, you will receive a welcome email from DoH0st informing you of the successful transfer of the domain to us.